One of the first steps in business involves producing leads. Once you have produced those leads, what comes next? What do you do with these leads?
- Follow up with each and every lead. You will never know the full potential of a lead if you do not take the proper steps to conduct follow ups. It is very possible that a seemingly weak lead can result in big sales, and a strong lead could result in nothing. This is why every lead must be treated as it could bring in sales and turn into a long term, loyal customer.
- Have a specific game plan. While it is vital to follow up with each and every lead and treat them with equal respect, you must execute the exact game plan. This game plan depends on several factors, such as the number of leads you have and the number of employees.
- Have a sense of urgency. In order to maximize your lead conversion, every sales lead needs to be responded to as soon as possible. Businesses are more likely to qualify a lead that responds to inquiries within an hours. After a full 24 hours, the chances of making the conversion drop significantly.
- Establish trust. After the contacts have been made, your first thought may be to win over the lead. Many of your leads will be skeptical initailly, so you need to gain their trust. You must have an extensive, thorough knowledge of your products and services in order to answer questions – if you are confident in what you are selling, so will your new lead. You must also be friendly and courteous as possible to your leads; everyone appreciates a nice conversation and friendly attitude.
- Keep your promise. When you are following up on your leads, make sure you stay true to what you say. For example, if you offer a commitment that you will give a free trial download, then follow through with it. This can be extremely bad to your campaign and business as a whole.