Mobile marketing has become popular in the past year, even moreso than standard online advertising. Today, it is considered out-of-the-norm to not have a smartphone or tablet where you can access the Internet on the go, so optimizing mobile marketing is a wise decision for you and your company.
Become the leader in your industry and pull ahead of the competition by engaging in the following mobile marketing strategies.
- Promote a mobile-optimized website: While using your smartphone device for surfing the web to find information while on the go, it is likely that you have come across a few company websites that do not have a website developed for your mobile device. This is important to implement, as Internet-optimized sites do not translate 100% accurately to your mobile device. Small businesses must develop a mobile-optimized website for devices such as smartphones and tablets, as many people are not using these devices for the same exact purposes as desktop computers. Also make sure to test these marketing campaigns before launching them to ensure the most user friendly layout.
- Keep your emails relevant: many people tend to check their emails on the go, and they want to read information that is relevant. Keep your emails short, sweet, and informative. If customers are getting multiple long emails that are full of nonsense, they will get annoyed and easily turned off by the company as a whole. This does not mean you should eliminate email campaigns, because these are extremely beneficial to your company’s success, just be strategic and mindful when creating these campaigns.
- Keep up with technology innovations and trends: technology is a huge part of society today, especially in the marketing world. Make sure to keep up with new developments in technology so you are able to stay with your customers and maintain your status as a top competitor in your industry.
- Build an app: not all businesses may need an app or can benefit from developing an app, so consider what the need or purpose would be for an app. If you have decided to move forward with developing an app, take advantage of the most popular features for an app – the feedback option. This offers customers the opportunities to provide feedback, which allows you to build a true relationship online with your customers and also increase your credibility. Remember that negative feedback is also valuable; it is an opportunity to show your extremely great customer service.
- Share! Give your customers options to share your information by clicking a simple button for your customers on the go. Include social media sharing buttons on all of your mobile content and a sharing via email option.
- Communicate with customers by text messaging: Text messaging has become a more common, simple means of communication compared to phone calling, so consider adopting text messaging or SMS options for your customers to receive promotions, updates, and information from your business. Just make sure to keep it short, not too frequent, and easy to read.