In this day and age, it is really important to have a website, since much consumer activitiy and searching is done on the Internet. While you may have a website developed, your content may be rather outdated. Say you formed your website when you started up your company, and that was about five years ago; or maybe it has been longer. Either way, it is important to routinely view your website and update information, as things are always changing. This may seem rather tedious, but it is often the first impression potential customers have about your company.
Start with fixing the errors on your site. This say seem rather obvious, but you may be surprised at home many websites have simple spelling, typing, and grammatical errors. New visitors will find even the slightest of errors, and that could be the difference between their choice of your services or your competitor’s.
Another way to update your website is through a new blog entry, article, or other content. This should be done at least once or twice a week so you can fill your site up with fresh and valuable information that your customers will want to read. This can also optimize your site and company for search engines.
You can also get some good press from your website, which helps build new leads. You can do this by writing an SEO press release or creating any newsworthy event and let the media know you’ve got news. By taking these simple steps to polish up your website, you can increase your online awareness, get the media talking about you, and build credibility for your customers.
At 405 Media Group, we want to provide you with the best, innovative strategies for your business to succeed. Below are some guiding tips to follow so that your business is top in your industry.
- Post videos on your website: videos have been shown to move your ranking on Google keywords searches within approximately 30 minutes of uploading it. Humans are visual creatures, and if you upload a video for your customers, it builds a sense of connection and trust; a personable factor that many businesses do not have. You can make the video yourself or hire a professional for $500 or less in most markets.
- Provide case studies for your viewers and customers: This practice is rather inexpensive and truly boosts your business’s credibility with happy customer stories. Have customers complete a simple, short phone interview, or create a portal on your website where customers can write their reviews and have them sent to your email. This works for businesses of any and every size and can be done well if you have an employer that has exceptional writing ability.
- Create a blog and use it to reach out to prospective clients and customers. We use our blog to share information with you that will increase your customer base and polish up your company. We also use it to inform you about the services we provide and implement on a daily basis with our current customers.
- Add your company to Google Maps/Local. To do this is completely free and important for many reasons. It bring customers to your company when they are in the area, and your business will generally appear high in Google search rankings. By using this tool, customers can also review the company and leave comments, which is great to evaluate your efforts and help understand the customer better.
- Search forums for new customers. Some forums let you search for people who are interested in your services. When contacting these individuals, also make sure to offer a solution and reply to new or recent topics only.
- Share information all over the World Wide Web. The best, most inexpensive way to promote a small company. Share a new project you completed, a photo, article, or information that will please your audience on your blog, Twitter, or Facebook. This will help you become better at what you do and inspire those to help people find your company and use your services.
- Use content curation. People are looking for a specific kind of information specific to your business, and it only costs your time to put all of the content together and thousands of people will come to the site when looking for that specific information.
- Use online services to grab the attention of media. Every story that features your business is free publicity. You can join for free at HelpaReporterOut.com (HARO) and answer questions about sources posted by reporters from top publications. You can also get the word out to the media by using inexpensive online services such as PRWeb.com. This is a great resource for publicity and improving the awareness of your brand or company.
Keep in mind not every marketing strategy works for every business, but a combination of the strategies above are sure to benefit your company.