In this day and age, social media has really boomed. With starting a new business, or just trying to give your brand more visibility, social media is a great tool to utilize. However, there is a right and wrong way to use it to be the most effective. Here are some social media fundamentals that are important to keep in mind before you begin:
- Value. Understand who your target audience is and how you can best market to them. Join discussions and add the value that they are looking for.
- Appreciate. Show appreciation for your own audience and be friendly to encourage continued engagement. Respond to all posts from your customers by being polite.
- Focus. A focused strategy on what the information is that you bring to people is more valuable than giving a range of information.
- Quality. High quality is more important than high quantity. Your customers don’t want to feel like they are being spammed, especially with content that they aren’t interested in. It is also better to have connections on your social media who read, share and comment on your posts, than ones who like your page and disappear.
- Post. If you publish content that is worth sharing and of value, your followers are more likely to share it with their own audience. Sharing information and articles on social media that are from your website will direct the user to the search engine, which give you more rankings.
- Connect. Connect with those who have a quality audience and with your similar interests. After building a relationship with them, they can be a great catalyst in sharing your company’s name and a valuable community. A great way to find an audience you are looking for is to search with a hashtag. (ex: #socialmedia would help you find content on social media and those who have posted on that topic.)To learn other ways to help your customers find you on the internet, go to www.405mediagroup.com.